This is how big our baby is now.
Those fingernails and eyelashes were hard work to grow—for both of us.
Those fingernails and eyelashes were hard work to grow—for both of us.

Just a note to any ladies who may be planning their first pregnancy: This definitely will affect more of your life and body than you think it will. I thought I would be exactly the same, just wearing a bigger shirt. This is not the case at all. Everything from my nose, skin, energy, strength, balance, and hair have changed. I can drink like a camel and I feel slow and heavy. And tired. Still waiting for that energy to come back. It has been really hard on me. I try not to think about all the sickness, back pain, absentmindedness, or 8 trips to the loo each night. But the simple feeling of some little taps from my baby, has made it all worth it. And now that my baby can hear me, I'm going to make an effort to start a habit of good communication. No lectures just yet. Mostly Baby hears, "Simon! I felt it again! Do you wanna feel?"
8 comments:
Awe Julie, sweetest thing yet! And I'd be at your dinner party, as long as I can talk about how much I love the Iberian Lynx, it's cool.
Julie that is so awesome! I am still waiting to feel little kicks; it should be any day now. Sometimes I lay there and concentrate...but nothing still. Lucky you. :)
WOW- that's amazing!! I always thought that would be the weirdest feeling coming from the inside out, but I'm definitely looking forward to it! I can't believe that you are coming so far along! i'm so excited for you guys! Are you going to find out the sex?
WOW!!! Congrats on your "taps". That is such an amazing feeling and the weird thing is that you actually miss it once you have the baby. I definitely know about the whole body changing, but at least it is worth it. I have a couple friends here with new babies and I have been holding theirs as much as possible to get my baby fix. They are so sweet! We miss you guys!
I love those kinds of dinner conversations! Yeah! So exciting. Love Aunt Lisa
Wow Julie! You're pregnant!! Congrats! I remember feeling surprised as well, by all of the subtle and not-so-subtle changes that overtook my life. What an exciting time! I know what you mean about those first kicks making the reality of it all sink in.
Isn't it great! Its nice when they are sweet little taps. There is nothing like it. Somehow, it never gets old, either...
Can't wait to find out what it is!
I'm looking forward to being at your dinner table, hearing about finance and babies. Let's see, I can throw in horses or rehabs! I'm so happy for you at this time. You should get your energy back in about two years.
Post a Comment