Sunday, August 2, 2009

returning to report

M is sleeping through the night.

BOO YA.

Baby boot camp lasted about 1 day and was totally effective. He sleeps 11 hours at night and I give him a dream feed once before I go to bed. I feel like a new woman. Actually, I feel like the woman I used to be before sleep deprivation started wiping out my brain cells. And I'm suddenly thinking, "having a baby isn't that bad. Maybe I'll actually do this again." Which is a CRAZY thought to be having right now. Approximately 4 months ago, I was screaming to Simon in a hospital at 4 in the morning that we were never ever having another baby. And I so meant it. May have also said some things I didn't mean. Can't remember....

Now I feel so great—healed and normal. I want to run around and play with my newly mobile body. Tennis anyone? I can't stop thinking about tennis.

P.S. He weighed in at 17.4 pounds today. Good man.

6 comments:

R A C H A E L said...

Congrats!!!

He is a chunk! Zoey weighed 17 pounds at 18 months... That is aweosome!

Adam and Sariah said...

I am so glad that you did your boot camp. Sleeping babies = happy babies and happy mommies. I don't know why every mom doesn't figure that one out. And don't worry, we all make the threat of no more kids...that one is easily forgotten. I wish I was there to meet up with you for a round of tennis. I use to be pretty good at it. Maybe we will make it out there one of these days and we can leave the men with all of the kids. It would be fun!

Lindsey said...

HOORAY!!!! Sleeping through the night at 4 months is really good. And you deserve it. Great news.

Aubrey said...

Good job Julie and good job Mason! Sleep is seriously the lifeblood of a new mom. I'm so happy to hear boot camp worked. And holy cow...Mason sure has grown quickly!

shaner5 said...

Oh, hooray! I am thrilled for you all. He is so beautiful.

terynmendenhall said...

I will play tennis with....I've never played on grass.?