You might think that the 240 lb. 6 foot 5 man would be in charge around here. But he's not even close to running the show.
And it's not the postpartum stress induced housewife either. The US Embassy, however got it right when they addressed a parcel to our flat....

.....containing a passport for a certain young man, (with a dashing photo inside). Ironically, the kingpin is 14 pounds and 2 feet tall, the exact size of an actual bowling pin.
He has so many princely qualities that we weren't expecting. He demands his same favorite meal 8 times a day. If he's not personally fed soon after he signals his hunger, he lets you know he's disappointed with your mediocre servitude by simply squealing in your face. He only recently started looking me in the eye after 2 months of dedicated around the clock assistance. He's so posh that he doesn't even bother to wipe himself because there are lesser humans who rush to do it with delight. Not that his arms could reach anyway.
So. When we rolled up to Hampton Court, Mason accepted our offering and felt right at home as we strolled the palace. His motto: If it's good enough for Henry VIII, then it's good enough for Mason I.

He silenced the peasants so he could dine in peace, allowing Simon to speak when spoken to. Simon's still waiting for that first word. Most days I just stand in the corner, waiting for Mason's cues and signals. My duties include sponge bathing, feeding, burping, dressing, cuddling, and scrubbing tiny poop stains.
And it's not the postpartum stress induced housewife either. The US Embassy, however got it right when they addressed a parcel to our flat....
.....containing a passport for a certain young man, (with a dashing photo inside). Ironically, the kingpin is 14 pounds and 2 feet tall, the exact size of an actual bowling pin.
He has so many princely qualities that we weren't expecting. He demands his same favorite meal 8 times a day. If he's not personally fed soon after he signals his hunger, he lets you know he's disappointed with your mediocre servitude by simply squealing in your face. He only recently started looking me in the eye after 2 months of dedicated around the clock assistance. He's so posh that he doesn't even bother to wipe himself because there are lesser humans who rush to do it with delight. Not that his arms could reach anyway.
So. When we rolled up to Hampton Court, Mason accepted our offering and felt right at home as we strolled the palace. His motto: If it's good enough for Henry VIII, then it's good enough for Mason I.

He silenced the peasants so he could dine in peace, allowing Simon to speak when spoken to. Simon's still waiting for that first word. Most days I just stand in the corner, waiting for Mason's cues and signals. My duties include sponge bathing, feeding, burping, dressing, cuddling, and scrubbing tiny poop stains.
We love our little prince.


8 comments:
Now I know who's in charge there...Master Mason! As if there was any question in my mind. He is so handsome. We don't have any real castles here, but we hope to get Princess Kennedy a Little Tyke's plastic castle when she's 2. That's the best it gets in Utah.
I totally understand where your coming from. Alex is in charge at our house too. Isn't it great being a Mom! Mason is so cute, I can't believe he is already 14lbs. Alex is almost 9lbs, she is still super skinny and tall.
Awwwww....Master it is.
maybe the best post ever. love everything from your witty writing to the perfect photos!
GREAT pics!! He's SO cute!! I can't believe how much hair he has!! Master Mason rules the house I'm SURE of it! ;) Hope you guys are well- we miss you ;(
I miss living with you for all the great stories and things. What did you take that trophy room photo with?
It was shot with a Canon 30D. I adjusted it to look that way in Photoshop.
Love this post!
Post a Comment