Tuesday, March 3, 2009

becoming parents

Things I say about our baby to be:

—Are you hungry? What should we eat?
—Even his kicks are perfect.
—I'm going to hang out with my little buddy all the time.
—I don't want him to move out of the house. How can I convince him that it's cool to live with your parents forever?
—He says he doesn't like the curry.


Things Simon says about our unborn child:

—Give the man some meat! He wants meat!
—I feel so bad for him in there. He must be so uncomfortable. The man needs space.
—Are his heavy muscles weighing you down? He needs to flex.
—He's such a champion.
—I can't wait to meet this dude and see what he's all about.
—I just think this is the kind of seat a man his age should be sitting in. (regarding a leather baby chair)



Simon: He's turning into a man.
Julie: He's turning into a baby.
Simon: Yeah, but this is the beginning of his manhood.
Julie: Boyhood.
Simon: Mmm.
Julie: Mmm.

5 comments:

R A C H A E L said...

This post is adorable.

Leather baby chair? Thats not a bad idea... puke and poop will wipe right off... genius...

scott and linds said...

haha- you guys are hilarious..

Porter Family said...

He is going to be one lucky little huy to have you two as parents. You'll get to meet him soon enough.
I love your pregnancy photos.

{alison alfandre} said...

hi julie -- loved hearing from you. looks like you're having the time of your lives in europe. so happy for you two with the new little one on the way! xo a

April and Jacque said...

Julie-

It is your cousin April. You have the most amazing blog! You are so talented with your words and with your photos. You go girl!

My husband just got back from London. He stayed with a buddy for a week and had the time of his life!

Good luck with your baby. I am so happy for you!