Sunday, November 16, 2008

paris part deux

In Paris it's socially acceptable for men to be into art, fashion, and women—all at the same time. Simon sometimes says he wonders why he wasn't born French. France has all the things that he loves, techno music, pastries, and shopping, being a few of them.
I would be Italian myself, and then we never would have found each other, so it's better this way.

Simon's usual chocolatier was closed, so we had to settle for this place.
A few bites made you forget all your problems, though.

I'm sure all their photos turned out great on their blogs too.

Versailles

It's hard to notice any other art in a room- when this is in there too.

These pills turn you into a lion. I'm not sure if this ad campaign is happening in America, but it's totally happening here. Personified animals are probably just as effective as sex appeal.

More PDA.

This trip would not have been possible if it weren't for our dear friend JB, who lives in Paris and let us stay with him.

13 comments:

Aubrey said...

Wow, Paris is beautiful and so romantic! I'm happy you two were able to go there before the baby comes. And that chocolate looks delicious.

Steph Strike said...

LOVE the PDA! We want more!!! We're working on a visit to come see you and your charmed lives.

Michelle Anderson said...

Hi Julie! I love reading your blogs, especially viewing your pics!!

Adam and Sariah said...

How fun to go to Paris again. I would love to go there even just once. Maybe we will get stationed in Europe someday. Looks like you guys had fun like always. How is the baby doing? We are waiting on pins and needles to see if it is a boy or girl! Love you guys.

sara said...

simon is a francophile. (i just learned that word today) you pics are too funny!

Joel said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! It must be fantastic living so close to many cool places... and having great friends in so many locations is not too shabby either! (subtle hint for JB when we go visit Paris :))

R A C H A E L said...

What a fun trip!! I want to see paris oh so bad... Your pics are amazing as always!

shaner5 said...

The lovers in Paris. How fitting. Love the monkey art. Looks like Nebraska! JB is definitely a keeper. What is in your hand? Looks exotic.

J U L I E said...

The monkey art is actually Michael Jackson and Bubbles!

And it's a baguette. There are lines in the mornings out the doors of the patisseries of people waiting for their baguettes. We had to have one as a prop in the shot.

nerak said...

Love the pics. And I'll take the French bachelor.

J U L I E said...

Well he's available...

terynmendenhall said...

Send him my way!

terynmendenhall said...

That monkey looks like he may have been violated.