Thursday, November 6, 2008

i musn't be left to myself

What I do in my spare time is probably obvious by now. And it should also be pretty clear that I have lots of it. Lately I've been averaging about 8 hours a day. Every day I wake up and somehow end up making a huge mess; and usually I clean it up by the time Simon comes home. There are days though, when he walks through the door and finds me sleeping under a pile of laundry on the bed. There are also days that I work like a normal person, in case you were wondering. But when the studio doesn't have any shoots going on, and the laundry is done, I will immediately start plotting my next creation. I didn't make this cheesecake. I'm not fond of cheesecake, but I did pick it out after deliberating at many bakeries.

Luckily I have a husband who loves cheesecake and already called dibs on it as soon as he heard I had one.

Two days ago I put some toast in the toaster and then forgot about it. It's featured here, in the bottom image. Now I don't feel like I disrespected kids in Africa by wasting it.

10 comments:

Linda said...

I am starving for a bite of your cheesecake! Feed me!!

Adam and Sariah said...

I'm sure Simon appreciated your cheesecake. Did you eat the macaroons at least? I wish I had some spare time to make creations. Right now I have fabric to sew the grisl matching skirts, but that requires time. Oh well, at some point I will get them done. In the mean time, eat some pasteries for me. I have never had pasteries from Paris. :)

Lisa said...

Okay, the toast comment? Hilare Julie... Hilare.

Lindsey said...

My favorite is the last picture. I want your talent.

terynmendenhall said...

you are very good at this friend.

R A C H A E L said...

Love it all. It looks like something from bon appatite ( totally spelled that wrong, but i can't help it, i'm a stupid american...)

liz hawkins said...

I'm the 7th person to comment... The cheesecake looks amazing; although, I'm not sure if that's because it really is or because of your mad photog skills. Definitely the latter, I'm sure.

shaner5 said...

Personally, I think the rotten toast is pretty.

Aubrey said...

Absolutely mouthwatering. I miss all the delicious pastries we ate while visiting you guys!

Hyeku said...

I was really concerned about the kids in Africa, but you have justified yourself well.