Wednesday, November 5, 2008

macarons

A few nights ago I had a dream that I photographed some French macarons on a French newspaper. As soon as I woke up, I emailed our dear friend Jean-Baptiste who was coming from Paris to stay the weekend with us. Understanding the seriousness of the situation, he brought me some French newspapers and magazines. So today I bought these macarons from Ladurée, and fulfilled this dream.
It had to be done.
A macaron is a traditional French pastry from northeastern France. I never knew of their existence until I had one in Paris last April. They're heavenly, and come in all colors and flavors, but I like the chocolate ones the best. We're going to Paris again in 3 days and I can't wait to explore more of the wonderful delights the Parisians try to seduce eachother with.

5 comments:

sara said...

beautiful. send it straight to martha.

Adam and Sariah said...

Isn't it funny how different everyone's dreams are. I don't think I have ever had a dream about taking a picture. It is a beautiful picture though... you must be a photographer or something! Can't wait to find out what that baby is on the way!

Lindsey said...

I love these photos. I can just see them in a magazine.

Go to Laduree at Harrod's. They are heavenly... although Laduree in Paris is still the best. My fave is caramel.

J U L I E said...

They actually are from the one at Harrods! It's dangerously easy to get to from our flat.

shaner5 said...

I love macaroons, too, but I thought the ones we get in America were the real thing. They aren't anything like the ones in the photos. Yours are prettier...