There really is a baby in there! And just one. Unless they show the same video to every woman who thinks she's pregnant, I'm starting to believe this might actually be happening.
We had our first ultrasound today and it was so exciting! Simon was able to get off work to come too. So far this is what we know about our baby: it has 2 arms, 2 legs, a beating heart, 2 brain hemispheres, and is 2 inches from crown to rump.It was really cute and fun to watch. Baby was going crazy in there- kicking and doing karate arm punches. We saw the little arms stretch over the head. It wouldn't stop rolling around and wiggling- and it was fast! So this is where all my energy has gone.... seems someone is hogging it. I know that we're sharing this body of mine, but maybe Baby could leave some energy for me? It's a good thing I can't feel all that squirliness just yet. The doctor kept saying, "Looks like someone's hawving a serious pawty in there!"
It was hard not to laugh at what Baby was doing because it was so funny. And when I would giggle, my stomach muscles would push the wand away and the doctor had to stop and wait for me to control myself. I had to look away because I couldn't be relaxed while seeing my first child for the first time. It was very cool and I can't wait for the next peek in 8 weeks.
12 comments:
I did not request a picture of the whit bikini because as I recall I made you put it on and parade around our apartment in it. So, there! And if you want to see an unsightly pic of me all you have to do is look on Facebook. There are plenty there!
Correction: white not whit. And, duh...congratulations on your baby's first picture. SOOOOOOO awesome!
Hey, I put a belly picture on my blog (although I'm fully clothed; but still, mine is just fat and barely any baby)! So it's your turn. I can't wait to get those bare-skinned maternity pics done at 8 months. The pics of your little one are so cute! What a miracle. Next time we'll know the gender...
I agree. but now that you mention it. Maybe just post a picture of before in the white bikini and then now with your baby bump. But I am all for not broadcasting my bod on the world wide web so I can't blame you. Congrats on your babies limbs!
julllllllllllllllliieeeeee sister!!! OMG! i can see your baybay! (ay bay bay)... the song.... anyway i just can't believe it! really i almost started crying when i saw those pics of your baybay and when I was trying to picture you at the doctors office. can I come live with you and be your permanent nanny? I'll charge very little! i promise it'll be like I'm not een there. i won't bug you at all. i don't want to wait till I graduate! i asked mom if i could be a foreign exchange student in Australia, but she said no... darn! OH OH!! and I have a crush on this guy who sits right next to me in my math class, but we have a little problem, he has a twin who sits right next to me in my english class, and I like him too!!! AHHH WHAT TO DO!?!?!?!
so like can everyone read this or just you? oh well..
peace<3&:) (love and happiness)
jess
Congratulations!! I am so jealous you got to see your baby. I am pregnant also and am only 10 days behind you. We go to the doctor in about 10 days and I can't wait to hear the heart beat. It will make everything more real. Right now I know I am pregnant but I just feel like crap and all my clothes are starting to get tight. I know how you feel, it sucks to look fat instead of pregnant.
I can just see you laughing in the doctor's office! Wow, you three ARE going to have fun...aren't you? I know the first baby picture is always amazing, and also comforting to know that you feel like crap for a reason. I understand about the "belly shot", believe me I have lived through many of them. I actually like the shots that I have where all you see is the belly and NOT my rear and NOT my chubby face and NOT my "kankles" as Adam calls them. No really though, you don't owe that picture to anyone but yourself. Just make sure you have one before you deliver. Adam took one of my belly with the twins when I was on the operating table. We waited a little too long. :) Good to hear that everything is going well. We think about you a lot...and we love you all!
I love the baby pics. I can't belive how much it was moving around! Thanks for sharing. And yes, we all still want to see the belly pics! that will never go away the whole 9 months...plus you have to take them anyway for your scrapbook.
Well, if you want to see my at my fattest, call your mom. She took my maternity pics when I was pregnant with Zoey. Don't fight it, embrace it. It is really the one time in your life that you can be wonferfully FAT and no one can say a thing.
And I love the ultra-sound baby photos. Hooray for mini-Julie!! (Still going with girl)
OK, we'll see if I've figured out how to do this (post a comment, not have a baby)...
This is an amazing time. Yep, those little buggers do get around in there. Simon used to actually kick the wind out of me, so maybe it's a boy. Then again, maybe she's an upcoming gold medal swimmer. Or a ballerina! So many possibilities. Thanks for sharing. Love you.
ultrasounds are so exciting. i am so happy for you. Our babies will have to play together. When do you find out what you are having?
Post a Comment