Remember back when Simon went to Milan to get a tux? Well, I was in America and couldn't go with him. But being the thoughtful boyfriend that he was, he brought a gift back for me. (Which meant a lot to me). He was really excited to give it to me and I was anxious to receive it. First of all, the box was tiny. Could it be a silk scarf or necklace? A swimmers cap? I don't know what else could fit in a box like that.
But no. It was this teeny tiny ity bity bikini. (The pound note shown is for scale). I was so surprised. And he carefully picked it out with the help of one of his best friends, and accomplished French stylist, Jean-Baptiste Duprieu. Of all the things he could have gotten, he thought this was the perfect gift. Imagine that. There was someone out in the world who wanted to give me something nice and thought this was the best possible solution. A miniature bikini. An UNLINED, WHITE bikini, no less.
Well of course a fashion show ensued. I felt naked. I practically was naked. "This isn't the type of suit you swim in," I was told. "It's more for boat parties and soirées on the yacht." Hmmm... I don't have any of those coming up anytime soon. But when they do, I'll be ready.
Due to the company's strict no swimwear return policy, and Simon's banishment from the London store, exchanging it just wasn't an option.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Holy Crap. That leaves little to the imagination. Have fun in Spain!
If you put all the pieces together, maybe you could have that swim cap you were hoping for. :) You're the only person I know who could pull that off. Have a great time in Spain. Stay dry.
p.s. It looks great against the new couch.
Post a Comment