Tuesday, April 20, 2010

one year
















Wow this year has been a lot of work. BUT, it has been completely worth all of the trouble. Mason has carved out a little space in our family of 3 and we can't picture our lives without him. He's happy and healthy and we're so grateful. I kept thinking back to what I was doing a year ago... I was in labor right now... 20 hours later....I was still in labor...
I thought I would deserve to be showered with gifts for going through all of that but throwing him a party was better. He was happy, so I had to be too.

I spent way too much time decorating and cooking for his birthday party. It's just the first time I've ever had a birthday party for a child of mine. Many of M's life-long friends were there paying homage and he was showered with gifts and love. Thanks everyone.

16 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Mason!!! We wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. I can't wait to see you in just a few weeks!!

I love you, Grandma Linda

liz hawkins said...

Oh, the party looks like so much fun! The cupcake toppers are fantastic.

Happy Birthday Mason!

sarah marie. said...

happy birthday mason! i LOVE the silhouettes..

March Madness said...

Going head first for the cake is my favorite picture. Way to get the job done (both you and M) on the fabulous cake and party!

Lindsey said...

love the pics! especially since i got there AFTER most of the food was eaten...although I still got my fill of cupcakes. :) they were really good.

i noticed M's pumas on sunday. SO cute! I LOVE them! Perfect for such a gorgeous boy.

Adam and Sariah said...

Wish we could have been there. I love the pictures. You can see all of his personality in eating that cake with full grins. What a cute boy. Great job on the party...you did way better than I ever did for a first birthday. Next time give Simon the camera and have him take a pic of you and Mason. Love to you all!

nikki said...

I love that he wasn't shy eating his cake. So many kids I have seen don't touch it or just start to cry. Way to enjoy your birthday, Mason! And way to go on being a stellar mom, Julie.

Aubrey said...

So wish we could have been there for the party! You did the best job putting it together.

shaner5 said...

Wow, I was behind on your blog! What a gorgeous party...off the chain :). Wish we could have been there. You're an awesome and unique family. Love, Gramma

Karen Rae said...

What an adorable 1st Birthday! Julie, you can do no wrong, wonderful job!! :)

Scott and Elly said...

Happy Birthday Mason! What a great party! I love the personalized water bottles and cupcakes. Looks like the cake was a hit too!

R A C H A E L said...

Happy Birthday Mason! Looks like the party was a hit! Way to go Mom!

Shannon "Fuller" Davis said...

I love those silhouettes. I can't believe you guys have a one year old! Hope all is well

Lindsey said...

freaking adorable!!

shannon said...

Def the coolest one year-old b-day party I've ever been to!

lindsey said...

YEAY! I can't believe he is a year old already!! What a fun birthday party- you did a wonderful job. WOW!! He is one lucky little boy to have a great mom like you. Cute Easter pics too. ;)